Brendah Malahleka – Former Service Manager, Business Strategy, Fostering, Placements & Procurement.
The Medusa Project has been a preferred provider for Lewisham Council since the establishment of the Semi-Independence Preferred Provider Framework (PPF) on 1st October 2008.
The Medusa Project is one of a very few therapeutic service provision for care leavers aged 16+.
The Medusa Project has been one our top Preferred Providers during the inaugural decade of the Preferred Provider Framework in children’s services.
This is evidenced through the following:
- The ability to comply with the requirements of the placement.
- The extent to which placements meet the child(ren)’s care plan(s).
- The provision of agreed management information.
- Effective communication between The Medusa Project and Lewisham CSC as the placing organisation.
- Value for Money.
- Managing standards of care issues.
- Managing safeguarding concerns.
- Excellent approach to diversity issues.
- High quality of working relationship between agency and placing organisation.
The Medusa Project exceeds minimum standards in residential care and the requirements of the Lewisham Children’s Social Care-PPF.
Such is the effectiveness of their methods of working with vulnerable young people exhibiting challenging behaviour, that I have commissioned them to undertake training of Lewisham foster carers in behaviour management. This training has received very positive feedback from foster carers and the training is now part of the rolling programme of core training for Lewisham foster carers.